PMP stands for Project Management Professional. PMP is the most important, well-known, and most valuable international certification in the field of project management in the world. This certificate is a professional certificate and not an academic. For this reason, many companies operating internationally value it more than academic credentials.
According to studies, people with a PMP certificate receive an average of 25 percent more salary and benefits than those who do not. So far, more than one million people around the world have obtained this degree.
Innumerable projects are designed and run worldwide, and they all require flawless, expert project management. This in turn requires experience, technical knowledge, and specific skills. Project management professional exam (PMP) is thus designed by Project Management Institute (PMI) to evaluate the managerial skills and the capabilities required to succeed in a project. The exam consists of a combination of 180 multiple-choice, multiple responses, matching, hotspot, and limited fill-in-the-blank questions, regarding multiple stages of a project: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing of the project.
To obtain this degree, the person must have all the educational and experimental requirements. Must also have an acceptable level of understanding and knowledge about project management specified in the exam. Individuals receiving this degree must have a continuing commitment to project management.
Benefits of PMP Certification
Having a PMP can have many benefits, and here are a few:
- Good for your resume: having any degree is better than not having one. Many employers care about having this degree to attract a project manager. This is a privilege for you when you are looking for a job in this field.
- Indicates that you have work experience in project management:
- To take the exam, you must show that you have several months of work experience in this field. This is handled by the PMI evaluation process and is a type of job approval for you.
- Make more money: Worldwide income trends show that this degree has a significant impact on salaries ($ 5,000 to $ 10,000 increase in annual salary)
- You will have a professional reputation: By receiving this certificate, you will be known as a professional because you have gained enough training and experience to receive it.
- You will find social and professional behavior: In the PMP test, people’s professional behavior is examined and approved. Therefore, the holders of this degree have professional behavior.
- You will have global credibility: As we said, PMP is an international certification and is recognized in many major organizations around the world. So by getting it, you can achieve global prestige.
In this article, we talked about PMP certification and its benefits. You might think that professional credentials like PMP are most useful for people who are taking the relevant exams. But organizations that support the receipt of these documents by their employees also benefit.
The least benefit of having professional credentials for organizations is creating a common language, showing employee commitment and improving their performance, and ultimately maintaining them in the organization. We hope you have read this article and realized the importance of getting this certification.